Reset Microsoft Edge To Default Settings
Resetting our browser is perhaps the last thing we want. As the browsers has various information help our work done easily. Your favorite homepage, new tabs, search engine is all that we never want to get tampered.
However, this may happen sometimes to most of us, like browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge) becomes slow, unknown extensions get added on it or your favorite search engine is suddenly changed to some unknown one. In such cases, resetting the browser, can help fix these issues.
You may need to reset Microsoft Edge to default settings due to various reasons, for example:
- If you see unknown extensions, plugins or toolbars added to the browser;
- Unknown homepage and search engine are active;
- Your browser is acting slow or crashing again and again;
- Pages loading unwanted advertisements, pop-ups, redirects and so on.
In such cases, resetting Microsoft Edge to its original defaults may help you fix various issues of your browser. While, resetting you will lose various settings, but your bookmarks, saved tabs and passwords synced to your MS Edge account will stay secure.
After resetting Microsoft Edge browser, you will see the following changes:
- Installed extensions, plug-ins, and add-ons will be uninstalled;
- Homepage or start tab you set will be cleared;
- Default search engine and third-party search engine will be removed;
- New Tab and pin tabs pages will be cleared;
- Cookies, cache, site data and content settings will reset to its original defaults;
- Any active themes will be disabled.
So, in this article we will help you to reset Mozilla Firefox browser to its default settings for Windows and Mac OS.
To Quickly Reset Microsoft Edge Browser type
edge://settings/reset to your address bar, and then click on “Restore settings to their default values“. To confirm click “Reset“.
Click to go: edge://settings/reset
How To Reset Microsoft Edge To Default Settings
- To open MS Edge settings, click on three-horizontal dots, beside your profile icon;
- Choose “Settings” from the menu;
- Under settings menu appearing on left, click on “Reset Settings”;
- Now, click on the “Restore settings to their default values”;
- To confirm, click on “Reset”.
So, this is how you can reset your Microsoft Edge browser to default settings. After this, re-launch your browser, to check if this has resolved your issue.
However, we recommend to scan the computer for adware, potentially undesirable programs and malicious entries and files and permanently remove them from your device.