Zvideo-live.com aims to deliver annoying pop-up ads by tricking users to subscribe for its push notification.
If you notice unwanted pop-up ads appearing frequently while browsing, then it means your browser/system is infected with some kind of adware or potentially unwanted program. In this article, we will explain you how to remove Zvideo-live.com pop-up ads from browsers.
What is Zvideo-live.com?
Zvideo-live.com although claims to be a video streaming platform, however it is found to be redirecting to potentially risky sites. So, it is regarded as a redirect threat that aims to trick users into subscribing for push notification. This is done to deliver pop-up ads on the browser as well as on the desktop screen.
There are various subdomains associated with Zvideo-live.com like 1.Zvideo-live.com, 2.Zvideo-live.com and others, leefmylife.info.
The website has nothing useful to load, however it uses click-bait method to force users clicking on the “Allow” button on its page. Following which, you will unknowingly be granting permission to show pop-up ads on your browser. Nonetheless, these ads may not be safe to click, as they may expose privacy, encourage fake downloads and even leads to frauds.
The dubious message appears while you visit Zvideo-live.com site:
Zvideo-live.com wants to Show notifications
Click Allow to watch the video
If you have accidentally been to Zvideo-live.com site, then you should avoid interacting and quickly close the page. In case, you are frequently being redirected to similar sites that ask you to click on the allow button to subscribe for push notification. Then it is possible that your browser is affected with some potentially unwanted programs.
So, users should clean your system with a reputable anti-malware program and revoke the permission granted to Zvideo-live.com.
How To Remove Zvideo-live.com From Web Browsers
This guide contains removal instructions for both Windows and Mac user. However, you can also check complete guide on How To Remove Adware From Mac OS.
Removal Instructions For Zvideo-live.com Pop-up Ads From Web Browsers
Please follow the below steps carefully, and if you are not sure any point, then we advise you to take the help of adware removal tool to detect and remove threats.
Step 1: Uninstall Adware and other malicious programs from Your Operating System
Uninstall Adware and other malicious programs from Windows OS
- On Windows 10, Click on Start button on the taskbar, then select “Settings”.
- Next, click on the “Apps”, and then choose “Apps & Features”, that will display the list of all installed applications on your system.
- Scroll through the list to find unknown applications, adware or other which you don’t wish to have.
- Click on the adware, expand it and then click “Uninstall”;
- After that, click on the “Uninstall” button again to confirm it;
Uninstall Adware and other malicious programs from Mac OS
- On the Finder window, click Go→ Applications; Apple Menu
- Look through the Application window to find and remove Malicious Software; Remove Malicious Application From Mac
- To remove Malicious Apps from Mac, right-click on it and choose “Move To Trash”;
- After that, Click on the “Empty Trash” by right-click on the Trash icon on your dock. Empty Trash
- Restart your Mac to make changes into effect.
Remove LaunchAgents and LaunchDaemons Associated With Malicious Apps
To Remove LaunchAgents and LaunchDaemon Associated with Malicious Apps, follow the steps here:
- Open Finder window and then select: Go → Go to Folder; Go To Folder Mac
- Now, you need find any malicious agents related to Malicious apps like Fake Flash Player Update within the following locations, and delete if find any;
- Enter the path to the “Go To Folder” and click “Go”; LaunchAgents Mac
- Now, check, if there is any malicious entries related to adware or malware program, then delete them one-by-one. Remove Launch Agents and Daemons Associated with Adware programs From Mac
Step 2: Block Zvideo-live.com Pop-up and Ads From Web Browsers
In this section, we will block permission for Zvideo-live.com website, showing annoying pop-ups and ads on your web browser. This explains how to revoke permissions granted to
Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Safari browsers.
Block Zvideo-live.com Pop-up and Ads Chrome, Mozilla, Edge and Safari
To block Zvideo-live.com pop-up ads from Chrome browser, follow the below steps:
For quickly blocking pop-up ads from Zvideo-live.com on Chrome:
chrome://settings/content/pop-ups and choose URL you want to block.
- To open Chrome’s main menu, click on three vertical dots on top-right corner. Next, click on “Settings”;
- Locate “Privacy and Security” section, and click on “Site settings”;
- Scroll down and click on “Pop-ups and redirects”; Here you will see website list showing pop-up notification;
- To block Zvideo-live.com pop-up ads on Chrome, click three vertical dots beside the Allow section, add the Zvideo-live.com URL and click “Block”;
- Also, under the “Allow” section, check the websites allowed to show notifications, if you found Zvideo-live.com click on “Block” or “Remove”.
- Do same for other website.
To block Zvideo-live.com pop-up ads from Mozilla Firefox browser, follow the below steps:
- To open Firefox menu, click on three horizontal lines. Choose “Options”.
- On the Options page, choose “Privacy & Security” from the left menu;
- Under this section, choose “Permissions”, and then within “Notifications” menu choose “Settings” next to it.
- This window will list all the website showing pop-up ads.
- To block Zvideo-live.com pop-up ads from Mozilla Firefox browser, click on the URL and click on “Remove Website”.
- Also, check the box saying for “Block new requests asking to allow notifications”;
- Click “Save Changes” button.
To block Zvideo-live.com pop-up ads from MS Edge browser, follow the below steps:
- Open Microsoft Edge Menu button, by clicking on three horizontal dots. Choose “Settings” from the menu.
- From the left menu, click on “Cookies and site permissions”;
- To block Zvideo-live.com website from redirecting and showing pop-ups on Edge: scroll down to find “Pop-up and Redirects”, add Zvideo-live.com URL to block for pop-ups and redirects;
- Better to click on the “Block” on this setting; Also, check for Allow settings. Click on block the website if you see Zvideo-live.com website allowed to show pop-up notification.
- Now, go back and click on “Ads”, then add Zvideo-live.com URL to block for ads;
- Again better to “block” this settings.
To block Zvideo-live.com pop-up ads from Safari browser, follow the below steps:
- On your Mac, open Safari, then from the top menu, choose Safari > System Preferences;
- Now, Switch to “Security” Tab and enable the “Block Pop-ups” and “Fraudulent Website Warning” settings, if not. To do this, click on the toggle button. This will block pop-ups from Zvideo-live.com and other sites.
- Next, switch to “Privacy” Tab;
- Now, click on “Website Data” and in the bottom click on the “Remove All Website Data“.
Step3: Remove malicious browser extensions from Web Browsers
This sections explains step-by-step guide to remove malicious extension from browsers and resetting homepage and search engine preferences.
Remove malicious browser extensions from Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Safari
Remove Adware Related Extension From Google Chrome
- To open Extensions page on Chrome type
chrome://extensions/on your address bar;
- Now, check for Adware/unknown extension active on the browser;
- To remove Adware related fake Extension from Chrome, click on “Remove” beside it.
Remove Fake Search Engine/browser hijacker and Restore Homepage On Chrome
- To access Homepage setting on Chrome type
- Here you see default homepage URL that opens every time you launch your browser. Remove it and type the new one you want.
- Next, remove fake search engine, by typing
- Under “Manage search engines”, click on the search engine you want to remove;
- To remove Search engine from Chrome, click on the 3-vertical dots beside its name and click on “Remove from list”.
Here is the guide on how to Reset Chrome Browser on Mac and Windows.
Remove Adware Related Fake Extension From Mozilla Firefox
- To open Extension menu, type
about:addonson your Firefox address bar;
- Choose “Extensions” from the left menu;
- To remove extension from Firefox browser, click on “Remove” beside the extension name.
Remove Fake Search Engine/browser hijacker and Restore Homepage On Firefox
- To access Homepage Setting on Firefox, type
about:preferences#homeon the address bar;
- Under “New Windows and Tabs” field, enter your favorite URL to set as homepage and New tab.
- To Remove search engine from Firefox
about:preferences#search, under search shortcuts section, click on the URLs you want to remove;
- Next click on the “Remove” button on the bottom.
To completely Reset Mozilla Firefox Browser on Safari and Windows click here.
Remove Adware Related Extension From MS Edge
- Click on 3 horizontal dots on the Edge browser, and click on “Extensions”;
- Here, your list of active Extensions will appear, Choose Adware related Extensions or fake one;
- To remove Adware related extensions, or those you don’t wish to have click on the “Remove”;
- To confirm click on “Remove” again.
Remove Adware Related Fake Extension From Microsoft Edge
- Click on 3 horizontal dots on the Edge browser, and click on “Settings”;
- Next, from left menu, choose “Privacy, search, and services”;
- After that, scroll down to the bottom and click on “Address bar and search”;
- Under “Search engine used in the address bar” section, choose the one you want to set as default;
- Next, click on “Manage search engines”. Here you will see list of installed search engine;
- To remove fake search engine or browser hijacker from Edge, click on the 3-dots beside it and click on “Remove”.
To completely Reset Microsoft Edge check out How To Reset Microsoft Edge Browser.
Remove Fake Extensions From Safari
Fake extension may trigger frequent pop-up ads, homepage redirects and so on. So, it is important to find and remove adware extensions.
- Click on Safari menu →Preferences → go to Extensions Tab;
- Look for Fake/unwanted extensions active on your Safari;
- To remove fake extension from Safari, Select it and click on “Uninstall”.
Restore Your Homepage
Many time, fake extensions promotes fake search engine, so they set unknown URL as default homepage. So, if you don’t want them, then here is what to do to remove them:
- Click on Safari menu →Preferences → go to General Tab;
- Under the “Homepage” field, remove unknown URL related to Adware/malicious apps and enter address of your choice like “google.com” as click “set as default”.
This should help fix your issue, but if not, then here is the guide explaining to reset Safari browser.
Step 4: Use Anti-malware to Scan And Remove Zvideo-live.com Pop-ups Ads
This sections explains, automatic removal of Zvideo-live.com pop-up ads and other adware/malware programs active on the system.
Use SpyHunter to Scan And Remove Zvideo-live.com Pop-ups Ads From Windows OS
SpyHunter 5 is a powerful and certified malware detection and removal program. The program can identify various kinds of threats like malware, adware, browser hijacker, Potentially unwanted program, rootkits and so on. It provides real-time protection by continuously updating and adapting its detection so as to combat against new threats. This tools is very easy to use and a very friendly user-interface, offering 24/7 customer support.
Follow the below instructions to scan with SpyHunter 5 and remove Adware from Windows OS.
- Click on the download button, to begin install the SpyHunter 5 anti-malware.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation process.
- After that, the application will launch on your screen. In most of the cases, it starts the scan process quickly.
- The first scan may take up few minutes, and will keep reporting you any malware or threats found on your system.
- After the scan process completes, click on the “Next” to remove the threats.
- SpyHunter 5 allows free detection of threats. In order to remove them and activate other features, you need to purchase the full- license of the product.
- We recommend you do so, if you want to secure your device from Adware, malware, and PUA. It also helps maintaining online privacy.
Scan Your Mac With Combo Cleaner To Remove Zvideo-live.com Pop-ups Ads
- Follow the link to Download Combo Cleaner“;
- A .dmg file will download, double-click on it to start installation process;
- Once you see the below window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon to your “Applications folder”;
- Click on the “Combo Cleaner” icon from the “Launchpad” on your dock;
- Follow the on-screen instruction to finish the setup. The combo cleaner will quickly update its Virus database. After which, Combo cleaner will launch the program;
- You can either click on “Start Combo Scan” or click on the “Antivirus” tab and choose various scan options. There are 3 scan options: Quick, Full, and custom. (We will recommend to do full scan for first time)
- After the scan completes, it will show the threats if found. So, click on “Remove All Threats”;
- Next, go to “Uninstaller” Tab to find and remove malicious extensions and other programs from web browsers and Mac. Select unwanted program and also their related files and then click on “Remove Selected Items“
Best Practices To avoid Being Infected with Redirect Virus
There are various good practices that can prove helpful to cut down redirects to suspicious sites, lessens down pop-up ads on the browsers and enable safe browsing. Some of them are:
- You can block notifications from unknown websites, to stop pop-up ads on the browser.
- Update your browsers, and applications regularly and from official websites or legitimate sources only.
- Use anti-malware program to regularly scan for any vulnerability, bugs and potentially unwanted programs from the system.
- You can also use legitimate ad-blockers to block pop-up ads on the browsers.
Zvideo-live.com and similar other redirect sites are meant to drive traffic for unknown sites to earn their profit. So, they may not have the control over the contents they deliver, as randomly shows ads, third-party contents and sponsored links.
We hope this article is helpful to you.