SafeTravel Adware Removal From PC.
|Symptoms||Display advertisements, browser redirecting to unwanted sites.|
|Occurrence||Installation of Fake extensions, clicking on pop-up ads, freeware downloads from unsafe sites.|
|Damages||Changes of browser preferences without user’s consent, data-tracking, search redirects, ads placed on top of search results.|
|Removal||Remove SafeTravel browser hijacker and its associated files from Windows using Spyhunter 5 and Combo Cleaner recommended for Mac.|
What is SafeTravel?
SafeTravel is an adware-type program that often users install accidentally from dubious pages and pop-ups. Currently, it is being spread via deceptive pages like rh3msg[.]online or rhmsg[.]online and similar these.
If user click on the “accept and install” button, then the SafeTravel adware will get inside the PC.
The SafeTravel adware:
From its first glance, the app appears to be useful as it allows users to plan their travel. It is promoted as a kind of wikitravel that contains information about travelling countries. However, once you install SafeTravel program on your PC, it beings to deliver heavy advertisements. Thus, you are likely to get annoyed with ruthless ads that interferes with the browsing.
Needless to say that, ads not only makes browsing difficult, but also contains variety of online risks. Thus, we strongly recommend you to remove SafeTravel as soon as possible, to ensure safe browsing.
How To Remove SafeTravel Adware From PC
This guide contains removal instructions of SafeTravel Adware for both Windows and Mac user.
Is Your System Infected with SafeTravel Adware?
Please follow the below steps carefully, and if you are not sure any point, then we advise you to take the help of adware removal tool to detect and remove threats.
Step 1: Remove SafeTravel Adware from Your Operating System
Remove SafeTravel program from Windows OS
- On Windows 10, Click on Start button on the taskbar, then select “Settings”.
- Next, click on the “Apps”, and then choose “Apps & Features”, that will display the list of all installed applications on your system.
- Locate SafeTravel expand it and then click “Uninstall”;
- After that, click on the “Uninstall” button again to confirm it;
Remove SafeTravel Adware from Mac OS
- On the Finder window, click Go→ Applications;
- Look through the Application window to find and remove SafeTravel;
- To remove SafeTravel Apps from Mac, right-click on it and choose “Move To Trash”;
- After that, Click on the “Empty Trash” by right-click on the Trash icon on your dock.
- Restart your Mac to make changes into effect.
Remove SafeTravel LaunchAgents and LaunchDaemons
To Remove SafeTravel LaunchAgents and LaunchDaemon, follow the steps here:
- Open Finder window and then select: Go → Go to Folder;
- Now, you need find any malicious agents related to Malicious apps like Fake Flash Player Update within the following locations, and delete if find any;
- Enter the path to the “Go To Folder” and click “Go”;
- Now, check, if there is any malicious entries related to adware or malware program, then delete them one-by-one.
Step2: Remove SafeTravel Hijacker from Web Browsers
This sections explains step-by-step guide to remove SafeTravel extension from browsers and resetting homepage and search engine preferences.
Remove SafeTravel hijacker from Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Safari
Remove SafeTravel Extension From Google Chrome
- To open Extensions page on Chrome type
chrome://extensions/on your address bar;
- Now, check for SafeTravel extension;
- To remove SafeTravel Extension from Chrome, click on “Remove” beside it.
Remove SafeTravel browser hijacker and Restore Homepage On Chrome
- On Chrome type
- Remove SafeTravel from homepage address and type the new one you want.
- Next, type
- Under “Manage search engines”;
- Select SafeTravel, click on the 3-vertical dots and choose “Remove from list“.
Here is the guide on how to Reset Chrome Browser on Mac and Windows.
Remove SafeTravel Fake Extension From Mozilla Firefox
- To open Extension menu, type
about:addonson your Firefox address bar;
- Choose “Extensions” from the left menu;
- To remove SafeTravel extension from Firefox browser, click on “Remove” beside the extension name.
Remove SafeTravel Search Engine/browser hijacker and Restore Homepage On Firefox
- To access Homepage Setting on Firefox, type
about:preferences#homeon the address bar;
- Under “New Windows and Tabs” field, enter your favorite URL to set as homepage and New tab.
- To Remove SafeTravel from Firefox
about:preferences#search, under search shortcuts section, click on the URLs you want to remove;
- Next click on the “Remove” button on the bottom.
To completely Reset Mozilla Firefox Browser on Safari and Windows click here.
Remove SafeTravel Extension From MS Edge
- Click on 3 horizontal dots on the Edge browser, and click on “Extensions”;
- Here, your list of active Extensions will appear, Choose Adware related Extensions or fake one;
- To remove SafeTravel extensions, or those you don’t wish to have click on the “Remove”;
- To confirm removing SafeTravel click on “Remove” again.
Remove SafeTravel Extension From Microsoft Edge
- Click on 3 horizontal dots on the Edge browser, and click on “Settings”;
- Next, from left menu, choose “Privacy, search, and services”;
- After that, scroll down to the bottom and click on “Address bar and search”;
- Under “Search engine used in the address bar” section, choose the one you want to set as default;
- Next, click on “Manage search engines”. Here you will see list of installed search engine;
- To remove SafeTravel search engine or browser hijacker from Edge, click on the 3-dots beside it and click on “Remove”.
To completely Reset Microsoft Edge check out How To Reset Microsoft Edge Browser.
Remove SafeTravel Extensions From Safari
Fake extension may trigger frequent pop-up ads, homepage redirects and so on. So, it is important to find and remove adware extensions.
- Click on Safari menu →Preferences → go to Extensions Tab;
- Look for SafeTravel extensions active on your Safari;
- To remove SafeTravel extension from Safari, Select it and click on “Uninstall”.
Restore Your Homepage
As, SafeTravel extension promotes fake search engine, so they set unknown URL as default homepage. So, if you don’t want them, then here is what to do to remove them:
- Click on Safari menu →Preferences → go to General Tab;
- Under the “Homepage” field, remove SafeTravel URL related to SafeTravel or malicious apps. And enter address of your choice like “google.com” as click “set as default”.
This should help fix your issue, but if not, then here is the guide explaining to reset Safari browser.
Step 3: Use Anti-malware to Scan And Remove SafeTravel Adware
This sections explains, automatic steps to remove SafeTravel and other adware/malware programs active on the system. So, you can remove it safety from your system.
Use SpyHunter to Scan And Remove SafeTravel From Windows OS
SpyHunter 5 is a powerful and certified malware detection and removal program. The program can identify various kinds of threats like malware, adware, browser hijacker, Potentially unwanted program, rootkits and so on. It provides real-time protection by continuously updating and adapting its detection so as to combat against new threats. This tools is very easy to use and a very friendly user-interface, offering 24/7 customer support.
Follow the below instructions to scan with SpyHunter 5 and remove Adware from Windows OS.
- Click on the download button, to begin install the SpyHunter 5 anti-malware.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation process.
- After that, the application will launch on your screen. In most of the cases, it starts the scan process quickly.
- The first scan may take up few minutes, and will keep reporting you any malware or threats found on your system.
- After the scan process completes, click on the “Next” to remove the threats.
- SpyHunter 5 allows free detection of threats. In order to remove them and activate other features, you need to purchase the full- license of the product.
- We recommend you do so, if you want to secure your device from Adware, malware, and PUA. It also helps maintaining online privacy.
Scan Your Mac With Combo Cleaner To Remove SafeTravel Adware
- Follow the link to Download Combo Cleaner“;
- A .dmg file will download, double-click on it to start installation process;
- Once you see the below window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon to your “Applications folder”;
- Click on the “Combo Cleaner” icon from the “Launchpad” on your dock;
- Follow the on-screen instruction to finish the setup. The combo cleaner will quickly update its Virus database. After which, Combo cleaner will launch the program;
- You can either click on “Start Combo Scan” or click on the “Antivirus” tab and choose various scan options. There are 3 scan options: Quick, Full, and custom. (We will recommend to do full scan for first time)
- After the scan completes, it will show the threats if found. So, click on “Remove All Threats”;
- Next, go to “Uninstaller” Tab to find and remove malicious extensions and other programs from web browsers and Mac. Select unwanted program and also their related files and then click on “Remove Selected Items“
Best Practices To avoid Being Infected with Redirect Virus
There are various good practices that can prove helpful to cut down redirects to suspicious sites, lessens down pop-up ads on the browsers and enable safe browsing. Some of them are:
- Do Not install third-party Extensions from any redirect links or pop-up ads. Also, check the developer and reviews before installing.
- You can block notifications from unknown websites, to stop pop-up ads on the browser.
- Update your browsers, and applications regularly and from official websites or legitimate sources only. So as to ensure they are free of any vulnerabilities.
- Use anti-malware program to regularly scan for any vulnerability, bugs and potentially unwanted programs from the system.
- You can also use legitimate ad-blockers to block pop-up ads on the browsers.
SafeTravel and similar other redirect sites are meant to drive traffic for unknown sites to earn their profit. So, they may not have the control over the contents they deliver, as randomly shows ads, third-party contents and sponsored links.
So, we hope this article helps you to remove SafeTravel Adware from PC.